Friday, April 18, 2014

Death

The events of the last two months have been so...

Well, I can't even find the word or phrase to end that sentence.  But death has been a big part of our lives the last few weeks.  I really don't feel like talking in detail about it here.


Suicide.

Miscarriage.


And in the midst...

God.

Ecclesiastes 7:13,14
"Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him."

Says Matthew Henry, "We must accommodate ourselves to the various dispensations of Providence that respect us, and do the work and duty of the day in its day."

I am thankful for my family and friends.  And I am most thankful for Christ, and the life I have in Him.  It has been an honor, a privilege, and a joy to help grieving families in their time of need... to do the good works that God had prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  I hope we did, in the strength of the Spirit.  But I trust, in it all, it is the Almighty's hand of Providence, using us, helping others, working all things according to His good pleasure in this fallen world. All glory to God!

I continue to pray for those dear families.

As one of my favorite preachers Alistair Begg is most fond of saying, "The best place to serve the LORD is where He sets you today."

No comments: